Solar Tax Credit

Inergy:/Solar Tax Credit
Solar Tax Credit 2017-01-11T15:33:54-06:00

Kodiak Generator and Predator Solar Panel Tax Credits

Depending on your usage, application, and tax professional’s opinion, you will likely be able to file IRS Form 5695 for a Residential Energy Credit up to 30% of your expenditure on a Inergy Kodiak system purchase.  The website states, “The credits are available for systems” placed in service” at any dwelling unit, not necessarily the primary residence, between Jan 1, 2006 and Dec 31, 2016″. Please consult your tax professional.*

Frequently Asked Questions:

You may be able to take the credits if you made energy saving improvements to your home located in the United States in 2014-2016.
A home is where you lived in 2014-2016 and can include a house, houseboat, mobile home, cooperative apartment, condominium, and a manufactured home that conforms to Federal Manufactured Home Construction and Safety Standards.
According to the IRS, “Qualified solar electric property costs are costs for property that uses solar energy to generate electricity for use in your home located in the United States. No costs relating to a solar panel or other property installed as a roof (or portion thereof) will fail to qualify solely because the property constitutes a structural component of the structure on which it is installed. The home does not have to be your main home.” What this basically says is pretty much any cost related to solar system installation and materials counts as a “solar electric property cost.” Therefore, it can be claimed.

Helpful links and Resources:

For the latest information about developments related to Form 5695 and its instructions, such as legislation enacted after they were published, go to,-Residential-Energy-Credits

Use this form to figure and take your residential energy credits:


*Inergy makes no warranty concerning the accuracy of this information. Inergy will not be liable for claims relating to the use of information contained herein, regardless of whether it is claimed that the information or recommendations are inaccurate, incomplete, or incorrect.